Over the past few years, we have grown from a small transport company to a medium-sized transport service provider with more than 10.000 consignments a year.
Yes, we have plans for further growth, but no longer at any price and no longer at the expense of the climate.
There is a lot of talk about active climate protection, but most of the time this is just an idea.
At JAGO, we took the plunge. We wanted to know where we stood in terms of our company’s carbon footprint and how much CO2 we were leaving behind with our company and our transport companies. That is why we had our carbon footprint checked and assessed by an independent company. The result was that our CO2 footprint is 40.000 tones/year.
Shocking? Not at all, just a new challenge which will help us build a better and cleaner future.
We will be actively involved in the improvement of the use of resources.
We provide transport within Europe as a service provider. It does so on land, at sea and in the air. 99.5% of our CO2 emissions come from this service. Therefore, we have set ourselves the goal of reducing these emissions by 15% each year.
The income from carbon neutral transport as well as the funds freed up will be invested 100% in climate protection projects.
Our employees and all our contracted transport companies and suppliers are encouraged to operate in a sustainable manner, as every kilogram of CO2 saved is equivalent to approximately €2.
- Our service providers are in the process of replacing their own fleet with the latest Euro 6 technology
- We are optimizing our routes and ensuring the best possible use of loading space
- We try to avoid driving empty
- We train our drivers to drive in an economical and environmentally friendly way
- We invest in sustainable projects around the world
- Thanks to a new computer program, we avoid the use of around 30,000 sheets of paper each year
- All our offices use electricity generated from renewable sources
- We only use local businesses for office work
- We also offer all our customers the opportunity to make their own shipments carbon neutral, with a clear and transparent cost for a low carbon future